I think this is where I’m going with home backups/storage….comments welcome.
Mounting locally on linux
- Mount locally, because you can: http://tuxtweaks.com/2013/06/mount-your-pogoplug-on-linux/
Backup of various devices
- Backup the plethora of device we seem to have now http://pogoplug.com/downloads. I count 13 devices with local storage for 3.5 people in our house.
- Possibly use cloud backup services http://pogoplug.com/devices#howwork.
Hacking to set up raid-1 or some such
- Possibly hack the device to add raid-1
- Or just do occasional manual backups to a second drive and take it somewhere to have an off-site copy.